Sunday 7 December 2014

Dividing the Load equally



            On my return to India, after an extensive tour of America I waited for the crates I had sent by ship as unaccompanied baggage. 

            When they finally arrived, I had them cleared through the Customs and engaged three laborers to carry them to my home 3 miles distant. I was going to pay them Rs. 8 each for this task.

           As I was going to pay each o them equal amounts they decided to carry a crate each equal distance.
           How did they manage to do it?

Answer:    The first and the second laborers should each take a crate with the former carrying his load one mile and turning it over to the third, which will carry his crate two miles. Then the second labourer should carry his crate two miles and turn it over to the first, who will then carry it one mile. Thus, each carries a crate 2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...