Wednesday 10 December 2014

No Change!



I got out of the taxi and I was paying the fare. But the taxi driver could not give me change for the rupee note. To my surprise I noticed my two friends Asha and Neesha walking towards me. I requested them to give me exact change for my rupee not. They searched their handbags and said “NO’

They both had exactly Re 1.19 each in their handbag. But the denominations were such that they could not give the exact change for a rupee.

What denominations of change could they have had? They both, of course, had different denominations.

Answer:    I am showing below the possible solutions. The important thing to remember about the problem is that P must be less than four or it would be possible to make change for one rupee:

Asha
Or
Nisha
1p
4
5p
0
10p
4
25p
3
50p
0
Asha 
Or
Nisha
4
0
9
1
0


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...