Sunday 30 November 2014

For the Charities



           One day when I was walking on the road in New Delhi, a group of boys approached me for donation for their poor boys’ found. I gave them a rupee more than half the money I had in my purse. I must have walked a few more yards when a group of women approached me for donation, for an orphanage. I gave them two rupees more than half the money I had in my purse. Then, after a few yards I was approached by a religious group for a donation to the temple they were building. I gave them three rupees more than half of what I had in my purse.

            At last when I returned to my hotel room, I found that I had only one rupee remaining in my purse.
How much money did I have in my purse when I started?

Answer:  I must have had Rs. 42 in my purse when I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...